Join our vision of building a world without scholarly barriers!
We are looking for a creative and passionate marketer who is excited to join a dynamic startup. If you’re a coffee connoisseur with love for knowledge and a penchant for drawing on whiteboard walls, then this is the role for you!
https://app-global.zendy.io/ is an online platform created to provide individuals with access to academic literature, equipping everyone with the resources they need in a world of accelerating change! Our mission is to help everyone around the globe find easy and affordable access to academic content.
You will join a high spirited, visionary team in a fast-growing company with a progressive and inclusive culture. We are currently looking for a Marketing Manager to implement and manage Zendy’s communications using social media, email, search engines, PR and other marketing channels, sources and programs. Today we are a team of 50, of which ten work with Zendy, and we are growing fast! This will be a central role, meaning you need to have a high degree of self-leadership. It also means you will play a crucial role in how the Zendy is marketed. We are looking for a reliable team player and a doer passionate about marketing and has a creative mindset.
What will you do
Reporting to our CEO, you will lead the marketing efforts for Zendy from start to finish and carry out various strategies and tasks.
Some of your responsibilities will include:
- Marketing strategies
- Paid advertising
- Brand positioning
- Social media
- Offline marketing
- Analytics & reports
- Vendor, freelancer and agency management
- Liaising with the quality assurance and development team for new features and/or country launches
A hands-on, creative team player with a passion for marketing and experience in getting people to love a brand. To be successful, you will need to thrive in a dynamic, data-driven environment where speed and operational excellence are paramount. You will have proven success in driving results in B2C marketing.
Minimum Job Qualifications
- 5+ years of demonstrated work experience in performance marketing across main marketing channels: search, paid social, display and others.
- Experience in user acquisition, activation and retention strategies
- Understanding of data analysis. Ability to turn data into insights and insights into actions. Experience with web analytics tools like Google Analytics, FullStory and Mixpanel is required.
- A passion for complex problem solving that requires ambition, determination and collaboration with multiple teams.
- Proven track record of proactively driving new initiatives efficiently to build a strong brand and an engaged user community successfully
- Superior organisational and time management skills
- Strong overall communications skills
- Attention to detail
- Highly creative
- Excellent communication skills in English, both orally and in writing
- Previous experience of launching a new brand/product
- Experience with SAAS platforms
- Creative writing skills
- University degree in an area related to marketing and communication
- Experience in the research and publishing domain
- Ability to communicate in Arabic and/or French
Zendy was created for individuals. You can say it’s a one-stop destination for researchers, scholars, students, business professionals, and knowledge enthusiasts. Sort of like a ‘Netflix’ model but for research literature.
Zendy applies the ‘Netflix’ approach to online publishing for academic content – with full access to a library of thousands of journals, e-books, and magazines for a flat monthly fee. The average cost of a single research paper is double the monthly subscription cost to Zendy.
We have a diverse user group across the Middle East and North Africa. Since its launch, users in the UAE, Bahrain, Jordan, Morocco, Algeria, Kingdom of Saudi Arabia and Tunisia have signed up to access over 120,000 publications, including more than 30,000 journals and 30,000 e-books available on the platform.
Zendy strives to build a world where individuals can take evidence-based steps towards building a better tomorrow. The need for a discoverable, reliable, and trustworthy content source is crucial to learning, research and ultimately, a better quality of life. Moving towards ‘a more knowledgeable world’ has been our vision from the start, and we hope we continue to make contributions, whether small or large, to this vision.
To learn a bit more about Zendy and why we exist, make sure to check out content.test-site.zendy.io/about
To apply, please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org