We are looking for a talented UI Designer who likes to design impressive mobile and web user interfaces. A professional who would be motivated to work at a growing company with an inspiring mission to provide people with unfettered access to relevant and trusted academic literature.
Zendy.io, a product of Knowledge E, is a massive online library created to provide individuals with affordable access to a wealth of information in the form of journals, e-books, magazines and other content mediums.
You will join a great team and a company with a progressive and inclusive culture. We are currently looking for a UI Designer, to work remotely, and help us enhance our product design and make our product even more appealing to our growing number of users.
You will be responsible for the overall design of the Zendy product. Today we are 50 colleagues of which 12 work with Zendy, and we are growing fast. This will be a central design role, meaning you need to have a high degree of self-leadership. It also means you will play a crucial role in how the Zendy product looks.
- Passionate about delivering amazing experiences through your designs of interfaces on responsive web applications
- Organised, with an eye for detail and able to bring ideas to life through prototyping methods such as both low and high-fidelity wireframes
- Keen on producing effective design solutions that satisfy the needs of our company vision and brand identity
- A self-starting team player who can work independently
- Comfortable driving the design process, from need/idea
- A strong communicator with the ability to effectively receive and give feedback
- Aligned with our values: learning, authenticity and inclusion
What you will do?
- Optimise website responsiveness for mobile
- Create web and mobile app designs
- Initiate the development of new design processes, realising own ideas and shaping your own way of working at the same time being able to justify design decisions
- Own, and contribute to Zendy’s design system and set its roadmap
- Keep up to date with best UI/ UX design practices
Minimum job qualifications
- Experience in designing for web, responsive websites and applications
- Experience in designing for touch first/mobile
- Exceptional knowledge of either Sketch, Adobe XD, Figma, InVision or equivalent software
- Exceptional knowledge of Zeplin or equivalent tool
- Very comfortable with all core design principles (color, layout, typography etc.)
- Experience creating a design system from scratch and working with design systems
- Experience in start-ups
- Creating interactive wireframes/mock-ups
- Understanding of html, css and accessibility