Internship – Data Engineering
Learning is our number one value at Zendy. This position will help you develop and enhance your existing skills in collecting, organising and analysing data.
Being a part of the Zendy family means becoming part of something bigger: inspiring positive change in the world while growing in your career. This summer internship will allow you develop your skills in big data processing, machine learning models and data sources.
This internship offers a valuable opportunity to learn more about data engineering and add an array of highly transferable soft skills to your CV. Some of your responsibilities will include:
- Identify valuable data sources and automate collection processes
- Process and clean data sources
- Analyse large amounts of information to discover trends and patterns
- Understanding of technology, infrastructure and software product development
- Experience in big-data processing tools like Apache Spark or similar
- Knowledge of machine-learning models like k-Nearest Neighbors, Naive Bayes, SVM, Decision Forests, and Deep Learning
- Strong communication and collaboration skills
- Problem-solving aptitude
- Excellent attention to detail
Zendy was created for individuals. You can say it’s a one-stop destination for researchers, scholars, students, business professionals, and knowledge enthusiasts. Sort of like a ‘Netflix’ model but for research literature.
Zendy applies the ‘Netflix’ approach to online publishing for academic content – with full access to a library of thousands of journals, e-books, and magazines for a flat monthly fee. The average cost of a single research paper is double the monthly subscription cost to Zendy.
We have a diverse user group across the Middle East and North Africa. Since its launch, users in the UAE, Jordan, Morocco, Algeria, Tunisia and Saudi Arabia have signed up to access over 120,000 publications including more than 30,000 journals and 30,000 e-books that are available on the platform.
Zendy strives to build a world where individuals can take evidence-based steps towards building a better tomorrow. The need for a discoverable, reliable, and trustworthy source of content is crucial to learning, research and ultimately, a better quality of life. Moving towards ‘a more knowledgeable world’ has been our vision from the start and we hope we continue to make contributions, whether small or large, to this vision.
To learn a bit more about Zendy and why we exist make sure to check out zendy.io/about
To apply, please send your CV to email@example.com