Internship – Market Research
Learning is our number one value at Zendy. This position will help you sharpen your existing research skills to make impactful recommendations to uplift our product and user experience.
Being a part of the Zendy family means becoming part of something bigger: inspiring positive change in the world while growing in your career. This summer internship will allow you develop your skills in research, reporting, and recommendations.
This internship offers a valuable opportunity to learn more about the ins and outs of the digital library space and add an array of highly transferable soft skills to your CV. Some of your responsibilities will include:
- Collect data on consumers, competitors and market place and consolidate information into actionable items, reports and presentations
- Understand business objectives and design surveys to discover prospective customers’ preferences
- Compile and analyse statistical data using modern and traditional methods to collect it
- Perform valid and reliable market research SWOT analysis
- Interpret data, formulate reports, and make recommendations
- Use online market research and catalogue findings to databases
- Provide competitive analysis on various companies’ market offerings, identify market trends, pricing/business models, sales, and methods of operation
- Remain informed on market trends, other parties research and implement best practices
- Passion for research and analysis
- Ability to interpret large amounts of data and to multi-task
- Strong communication and presentation skills
- Search engines, web analytics and business research tools acumen
- Adequate knowledge of data collection methods (polls, focus groups, surveys etc)
- Strong analytical and critical thinking
Zendy was created for individuals. You can say it’s a one-stop destination for researchers, scholars, students, business professionals, and knowledge enthusiasts. Sort of like a ‘Netflix’ model but for research literature.
Zendy applies the ‘Netflix’ approach to online publishing for academic content – with full access to a library of thousands of journals, e-books, and magazines for a flat monthly fee. The average cost of a single research paper is double the monthly subscription cost to Zendy.
We have a diverse user group across the Middle East and North Africa. Since its launch, users in the UAE, Jordan, Morocco, Algeria, Tunisia and Saudi Arabia have signed up to access over 120,000 publications including more than 30,000 journals and 30,000 e-books that are available on the platform.
Zendy strives to build a world where individuals can take evidence-based steps towards building a better tomorrow. The need for a discoverable, reliable, and trustworthy source of content is crucial to learning, research and ultimately, a better quality of life. Moving towards ‘a more knowledgeable world’ has been our vision from the start and we hope we continue to make contributions, whether small or large, to this vision.
To learn a bit more about Zendy and why we exist make sure to check out zendy.io/about
To apply, please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org